1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you rate your own work.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kootoomootoo, Feb 20, 2004.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Only reason I ask is personally I am paranoid. It has to be perfect if you know what I mean but sometimes time and or rain interferes so we might cut corner's here and there. My guys and myself are always saying we do as good as work as anybody even when we do cut corners. Sitting here the last 3 months of snow with no work ahead though you think you suck. Then you get two emails in 2 days who want to add another $10000 in work ea to what you did last year. Anyways how do you rate your own work.
  2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Are you asking how we determine our quality of work based on customer feedback? When people want similar work done more than once, I guess...I am critical of my work so I make sure to do it right the first time!
  3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I drive around every afternoon to check on crews work, and the Crew Leaders know if I find something left undone they get $10.00 docked off thier check each time. Nobodys work is perfect but I like to think are jobs are damn near close.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

How do you get away with this? Do you require them to sign some kind of waiver or agreement? Who stipulates something left "undone" too btw? Curious...is this some kind of Quality Contro Program you have in place?
  5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are the first one they call next time they need something then you know you do good work.
  6. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

we put out anonymous customer feedback/survey letters to all our customers last year and all but one was very favorable. We are a design/build company that does about 90% high end residential 10% commercial. We are probably near the high end in cost and do quality work.
  7. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I let my customers rate me. This is how. i have over 60% that have keep me for over 10 years. of that 60% 20% of thoses i had 20 years.

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

WeatherMan, I'm kinda of thinking docking pay is illegal isn't it. Just curious.
  9. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I think docking is not illegal if it is handled in a reverse view - a bonus.

Meaning, an employee is "expected" capable of earning $500 a week, but they are only paid $400 per week. They can get a bonus of $10 per week, on each of their, say, 10 properties, if nothing is broken, and all details are accomplished.

If not, they are not docked, but the bonus is withheld.
  10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

withholding a bonus is legal, I'm not a lawyer but I dont think docking pay is legal.