How do you restring a trimmer??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryPaulD, Sep 4, 2004.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

My buddy wants to know. :D *looks up and whistles*

2. zpoore

zpoore LawnSite Member

you clip about a 12' piece and make it like a U with the head in the middle and pinch the line as close as you can to the head and make sure they are side by side and wrap them around
    ->clockwise<- im pretty sure it clockwise sorry best i could tell how its a lot easier in person

3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

BryPaulD - find a dealer for your brand and go see him. Someone there will be happy to show you how to do this. It would be hard to describe the process in writing as opposed to visually watching it done.

4. zpoore

zpoore LawnSite Member

make sure the line is side by side

5. BryPaulD

from MI

Thank you. Clockwise sounds right. I know you have to turn the head clockwise to tighten it to the shaft. Opposite threaded kind of a deal.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Impossible to say, since you didn't say what type of trimmer.

7. zpoore

zpoore LawnSite Member

i agree with him if it doesnt work and your welcome

8. BryPaulD

from MI

oh yeah, it's an old echo srm140da. I picked it up at a garage sale a couple summer's ago for $3.00. I tried to get it running and gas leaked all over, so I got sick of messing with it a bought a new one, but now I just can't stop messing with it.

9. zpoore

zpoore LawnSite Member

i mow with my sisters boyfriend and he has an echo srm 210 and im pretty sure you have to wind it clockwise

10. BryPaulD

from MI

I'll try it. what's the worst that could happen?? String fly out and cut me all up??