How do you reward/thank your clients

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Sep 10, 2003.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

This morning i was talking with my marketing professor, and during the conversation, she asked me how i reward my clients for staying with me. She made it seem like i must give back to them in order to keep them...anyone agree? She said in her business (marketing) she would reward her best clients with a free upgrade to 3 color on a brochure or something like that. I honestly cant think of anything that i could give away in similar fashion. She stressed that i should not put a dollar figure on the reward. So with all that being said, what sort of things do you give back to your clients?

2. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

I have yet to do this since it is my first year but, I was thinking of sending them holiday cards and thanking them for their business. I also considered doing something for their birthdays or other significant personnel events with a card or something to let them know i appreciate them, while keeping my services in their minds.

3. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

Unless you have the budget available to be able to give them a free service occasionally then i think a card at certian holidays or birthdays does fine. That shows them that you're thinking of them which in turn makes them think about you, too.:cool:

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

we have always sent holiday cards or thank you cards for referrals.and with any referral we give the original customer a free cutting..

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I give 10% preferred customer discounts. Also, I'll throw in small freebies, like a mum or two planted for free, or maybe a dozen tulip bulbs, things like that. I'll also offer clients extra veggies out of the garden. These little things have paid me great dividends many, many times.

6. oleo

oleo LawnSite Member

I just send out cards at Christmas time and thank them. It is easy and cheap and they also appreciate it.

7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Everyone along my street and within a stones throw gets a free flat of impatiens in the spring, they want it planted they pay planting.

I am going to expand that next year.

There are many, many ways to reward customer loyalty.

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Holiday cards are SOP.

Just a proper way of doing business........and yes it is a nice touch.

9. narly1_2000

narly1_2000 LawnSite Member

When I weny into the Electrical biz. I sent all my General contractors a honeybaked ham through the mail during the holidays. Cost me 40 bucks a piece but I have not lost them in the 12 years since . If its a big prop, a gift certificate to outback will work, small prop, a card

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

We do holiday cards also. The only other thing I really do for my clients is try to be as friendly as possible. I have a few that I'm fairly close with and they invite me to kids birthday parties, their picnics,etc.....just the fact that I show up and that I'm social with them other than on the phone and to collect money shows a great deal of professionalism.