1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How do you save money on fuel?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stephen@freedom, Dec 18, 2012.

1. stephen@freedom

stephen@freedom LawnSite Member

What I am looking for in this question is what kind of money saving tips do you use? For instance there is a company here in the south called Murphy's that offers a 15 cent discount if you use a murphy's cerdit card. Anyone got any nice savings tips?

2. TeamYardsale4

TeamYardsale4 LawnSite Senior Member

Fastrac offers something similar up here in NY, use there credit card that has no fees and interest! Not a bad deal really and save the most on Sundays

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Kroger fuel points.

4. stephen@freedom

I have used the kroger fuel points as well sometimes 20cents/gallon discount.

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

You can earn up to $2 per gallon. The best way to get more fuel points is by purchasing gift cards for places you already patronize. Locally, it is 2x the $ amount and during certain times of the year it is 4x the $ amount. Really adds up then.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I am selling all my mowers an getting a herd of goats inplace of my mowing crew.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Plan my route.

8. stephen@freedom

9. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

You gonna charge extra for the fertilizer service too? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

10. patrick6411

patrick6411 LawnSite Member

I fill up at Sams at the end of each day. Here in my area Sams has the best deal on gas.