1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do You secure your equipment in an enclosed trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenGrassEarnsCash, Jul 18, 2005.

1. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

Hey i was just wondering how those of u who have enclosed trailers secure your mowers? Do you use tie-downs,wheel chocks,etc? I cant decide how to do this because i dont really want to have to use ratchet tiedowns every time i load and unload my mowers.
  2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

PRO-LOCKER the one and the only. :)
  3. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

look up pit pal products. they have alot of stuff for the enclosed trailers
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I just screwed 2x4s to the floor in back of the rear tires, and they dont move at all.
  5. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

drive in set e-break and throw the door up.... works for me
  6. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

drive in, set brake, hop out. same as my open trailer with 2 foot sides.

if gonna be bumpy, mebbe tie it better with motorcyclke tie downs.
  7. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

You guys are nuts not using anything to secure your equipment. All it takes is one mishap (not necessarily your fault) to lose thousands in equipment. I currently use ratchet straps, but am planning on getting pro lockers when I get around to it.
  8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

How are you going to lose your equipment in an enclosed trailer? If i lose mine something has gone really wrong. I screwed 2x4s down just so the mowers woundnt slide and make it harder to get on them at the next lawn.
  10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I have 3 mowers, 3 wheel barrows, bunch of hand tools, power washer and some other stuff that is in my trailer at all times. only thing i did was screw 2x4's to the floor infront the wb wheels, and behind the wheels, and between the front and back wheels. I just bunji all the handtools together (rakes in one bunji, shovels in another, etc). Everything stays intact, which im suprised, im really suprised that the wheels barrows stay intheir place.

I plan on getting some prolockers very soon. No matter what stuff can fly out of the trailer if it was impacted enough, not to mention either killing someone, or even just breaking a bunch of your equipment if it was sliding around. A trailer traveling at 60mph can stop, the stuff inside cant, unless you secure it down. The only thing 2x4's do, atleast from what I can tell, is help it from sliding around, if I had a hard enough impact, for sure it'd come right through the trailer, maybe.