How do you set up your Toro wb mowing height?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vikings, May 29, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I just got mine first wb and the height of the deck is very high, all four spacers are on the castor wheels. But I'm reading about even more spacers on the spindle and jacking up the rear end to adjust axle height...

It's all very complicated. I would like my cutting height to be 2.5 inches to 2 3/4 inches with the deck maybe 2 inches off the ground. (It's looks about 4.5 inch now) I want the deck lower or at least even with the blades so I don't kick out any rocks etc.

Does anyone have a recipe for this? I suppose I can figure it out tomorrow but at first glance it seems complicated compared to my 21 mowers. Definetly to complicated to ever adjust for one whiny customer. One height fits all now, I guess.

It's a Toro 36" fixed deck, gear drive with T bar.

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

What a great question (bump:))

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

look in the owners manuel it has a chart of cuttimg hieghts and how to set for each. there are 3 separate things to move 1 front castor spacers 2 blade spacers, and 3 rear axle height. its not that had just look at the book and go by the chart. and just and fyi 2.5-2.75 is probably to short for what grass you have. 3-3.5 would be much better.