How do you spell Failure?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acute Cut, Sep 17, 2000.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Well all, it happened. My big "Party" failed miserably. OUt of 90 or so customers i had 1 show up. ANd that might be because i gave her a ride. hehe. I had family and some friends out there. The park lady was real nice. She took my card to give to people she knows needs it. LOL> now THAT is funny. I have over 120 hamburgers and 60 hot dogs left. I think i am gonna make a generous donation to the local food bank today.

So, the party failed and i wasted alot of money. BUMMER. I could have used that money to put twords other equipment i want. Oh well. The big 300$ announcement i put in the paper didnt work at all.

Now yall know not to do this.
    We live and we learn.

Acute Cut

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Sorry do hear that Acute. Maybe you should have advertised a drawing for prizes. Like a door prize. People like to win anything and get stuff for free

3. Sorry to hear your plan did not work. I will give you a hard learned piece of advice.

Stop wasting your money in newsprint adds. They are the most ineffective way to reach clients of any advirtising medium.

For a start up and growing business, the Yellow pages is where you must spend your money. Be prepared to spend $ 500, (ouch) dollars per month. It will pay for itself.

Start devloping word of mouth and refferal business. Sell upgrades to existing clients.

Don't bother inviting clients to company functions. Keep the realtionship strictly business.

Learned the hard way.Business was in a city /service area of under 50,0000 people.

4. looserlandscaping

looserlandscaping Guest

5. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Gee,
    Wonder if that will get DELETED.

6. Hello Looser:

Now I can tell how you got your name!
    http://www.idontcare.com, It would make a excellent home page for you, maybe you should start your own forum?

A perfect example of freedom of speech, WOW these kind of post really help this forum out! I hope you get to make another informative post, somewhere else!

7. snow

snow Guest

i think looserlandscaping is the biggest failure and disappointment ever. what a looser.

bryan

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Acute, Sorry to hear about your party. Your heart was in the right place, maybe it was the wrong time. Just think of all the hungry mouths you'll be feeding at the food bank. :)
    Plus you can take it off on your taxes. Maybe it's not a good idea to get too personal with your customers, I don't know?

9. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

Sorry to here about your party. looselandscaping sounds like he is from Stone's homepage, you know "The PROFESSIONAL lawn care forum.

10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Acute, you need to find the best advertising for the dollar. Phone book advertising is good if you can afford it. Remember, if you gross 10% profit you will have to sell $5000.00 worth of business just to pay for that one phone book ad, not practical for small business. Great advice I received from a local LMO, every $100.00 you save, is $1000.00 in work you do not have to do.