How do YOU spray lawns??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lakegastonla, Sep 23, 2000.

1. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

What types of equipment do you guys use to spray lawns with? Any info is appreciated.
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

i bought a small sprayer from nothern about 8 yrs ago,its good for little lawns and such,I also built a homemade unit that is attached to my Cushman truckster,it is big and for the golfcourse.It is 21ft wide folded and 42 ft wide open,its powered by a 5hp briggs/hypro centrifical can put out 70 psi at 100GPM.I have it hooked to a 150 gallon tank from nothern also.I havent done many lawns,mostly my own and the golf course.
  3. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa backpack sprayers for now. Truck mounted tank next year. Backpacks are sufficient for lawns with few weeds and are more environmentally responsible but a tank is a heck of alot quicker for most situations.
  4. NeilG

NeilG LawnSite Member

I presently use a Udor pump with a 200 gal. tank for the lawns. However, while getting it ready for the fall, I noticed that it was clogging up, Found large amounts of metal shavings, (not a good sign). Will replace it this week with a Hypro D30, with a 5.5 Honda running things. Backpacks are great for spot treating weeds, but for applying pre-emerge products it really needs to be sprayed.
  5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Main sprayer is 200 gallon sprayer with tree gun and deep root injector. Also use 2 backpack sprayers, 1 Solo and 1 SP3, the SP3 at Northern is MUCH BETTER than the Solo!

6. sunrise

sunrise Banned

Main sprayer is a Lesco 200 gal with a 5.5 Honda motor
    with tree and shrub gun and 3 1-4 gal sprayers
  7. RMc Lawn

RMc Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I have a 300 gallon sprayer from Westheffer Co. It has a Hypro D30 pump. Good price great sprayer. also have 15 gallon sprayer that I mount on a grasshopper for acerages.
  8. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Perma Green Supreme 3 gallon tank mounted to my walk behind spreader. I selsctivly apply herbicide to weedy areas of my lawns while appilying granular fertilizer. I can cover over 25,000sf with the 3 gallons of mixture.