How do YOU spread mulch?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Dstosh, Jun 28, 2010.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i would NEVER attempt a job that required 75+ yards. if i can't haul it in my truck and only make 1 or 2 trips chances are i'm not gonna do the job.

2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

That's when you generaly get it delivered.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. yardguy28

i would NEVER attempt to even spread that many yards......i'm solo. i rarely do jobs that take me multipul days to complete......

4. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

i can do 75 yards solo in 2 hours

and i charge 10 grand and get it because i wont take nothin less

5. yardguy28

good for you. but i'm not you. so i can't spread 75 yards in 2 hours. i really don't see how anyone could but you say you can. i don't like spreading mulch so the less i spread the better.

6. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

i was kidding

7. yardguy28

i wasn't......

the less mulch i spread the better......

8. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh:
    oh you were, i was starting to believe that you could realy spread 75 yards of mulch in two hours and was going to attempt it on monday! :dizzy::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel:

9. Fireguy119

Fireguy119 LawnSite Member

I should rephrase my previous reply.... i will wet down the mulch for my house :D and my friends/neighbors. This is when i use cedar mulch, and i will do cedar every 2 years. It gets nice and wet and i pack it down, (so i can fit more in the beds) that way next year i can re-rake the beds and it has plenty of mulch and looks good as new. It is a pain in the ass so i only do this on friends/family or really small jobs for regular clients.

10. SperaLandscaping

SperaLandscaping LawnSite Member

I use chopsticks and teaspoons shoveled out of coffee cups. I found this to be the most effective method possible.