1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How do YOU spread mulch?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Dstosh, Jun 28, 2010.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i would NEVER attempt a job that required 75+ yards. if i can't haul it in my truck and only make 1 or 2 trips chances are i'm not gonna do the job.

2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

That's when you generaly get it delivered.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. yardguy28

i would NEVER attempt to even spread that many yards......i'm solo. i rarely do jobs that take me multipul days to complete......

4. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

i can do 75 yards solo in 2 hours

and i charge 10 grand and get it because i wont take nothin less

5. yardguy28

good for you. but i'm not you. so i can't spread 75 yards in 2 hours. i really don't see how anyone could but you say you can. i don't like spreading mulch so the less i spread the better.

6. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

i was kidding

7. yardguy28

i wasn't......

the less mulch i spread the better......

8. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh:
    oh you were, i was starting to believe that you could realy spread 75 yards of mulch in two hours and was going to attempt it on monday! :dizzy::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel:

9. Fireguy119

Fireguy119 LawnSite Member

I should rephrase my previous reply.... i will wet down the mulch for my house :D and my friends/neighbors. This is when i use cedar mulch, and i will do cedar every 2 years. It gets nice and wet and i pack it down, (so i can fit more in the beds) that way next year i can re-rake the beds and it has plenty of mulch and looks good as new. It is a pain in the ass so i only do this on friends/family or really small jobs for regular clients.

10. SperaLandscaping

SperaLandscaping LawnSite Member

I use chopsticks and teaspoons shoveled out of coffee cups. I found this to be the most effective method possible.