How do you start your Echo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Jun 15, 2005.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have an SRM 230 trimmer and I'd like to know what I need to do to start it on either the first or second pull. I've tried every combo in the book but nothing seems to help.

I have tried priming it twice, and choking it and it still takes 4-5 full pulls before it will start. And even if it was running 10 minutes ago, it acts like it dead cold and needs full choke for about 3 minutes.

2. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 LawnSite Member

is it new? if youve had it for awhile it could probably use a tune up. the echos i use sometimes during the middle of the season they can take up to 10-15 pulls, although the company who owns them beats all there equipment to crap and doesnt seem like they care.

3. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I prime 4 pumps, one pull with choke, one pull without choke and it usually starts.

4. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

All of my Echo stuff seems to require the same proceedure. 2 pumps on the primer bulb, full choke, 1 or 2 pulls (until it "pops"), off choke, pull and go. I can't remember more than one or two times they started any differantly. My bp is getting a little cranky, but it's been 3 years since I've done anything in the way of maint. on it
    Also check your plug and exhaust for carbon build up.

Jim

5. JOEWOOD

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

4 pumps on the bulb
    3 choke until pops
    1 pull no-choke

Joe... :waving:

6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same as The Captain with My echo....2 pumps on the primer bulb, full choke, 1 or 2 pulls (until it "pops"), off choke, pull and go.

7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Mine usually start third pull no primer, if I remember right, two pulls full choke, one no choke holding the throttle, it fires, then flip choke a couple times.

8. Igotgorm

Igotgorm LawnSite Member

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I use a lot of Echo trimmers There is only one of ours that starts on the first pull and it is a 12 year old SRM2501. Thanks to the effort to meet emission they just don't get enough gas ....I think.. I do have a three year old Shindawa T270 and it does start on first pull.

10. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

same here
    EHO