How do you stay COOL in the summer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Full throttle lawn care, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

I'm trying to get a plan together to stay COOL this summer. Any tips and tricks would be great. Heres what I have going so far.
    1-camel back for constant water intake.
    2-Bought a sun canopy for my R,O,P,S on the john Deere. It can't be used for every job do to Orange trees and low over hanging trees but it's light fiberglass and is easy on easy off. I figure getting out of this Florida sun as much as possible will pay off.
    3- Large brim hat
    4- I need to get a 5gal water jug for the trailer. Anyone know where to find a mounting bracket for the jug?
    :cool2:

2. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I started wearing a white Bandana over my head 2 years ago, it really helps keep sweat out of your face. I wet it once in awhile also, really helps keep me a bit cooler. I went with the bandana because i use to wear a cap all the time, but when i am working and sweating my forehead was always getting a rash from the hat and me constantly wipeing it.

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle Jim's makes a 5 gallon bracket.

5. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

wear ear bud protection not the ear muffs.
    There is a reason they have the same name as apparel used in the winter.

6. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

Since I live on the seacoast I try to drive by the seawall and check out the ladies tanning. With the AC on of course. Best way I found to cool down.

7. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Long sleeve shirt for starters.

8. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: That would probably make me hotter:laugh:

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have always thought they are overpriced. I just use bungie cords to keep them secure, and they can go just about anywehre you want to put it.

10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

You can't beat a good selection of bungie cords. Very versatile. Also, keep plenty of ratchet straps handy.