How Do You Stripe?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn crafters, Jun 12, 2008.

1. lawn crafters

lawn crafters LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

what is there really to striping isint it just the direction you push or ride the mower? honestly cuz i get small stripes witha push mower but im getting a walkbehind in a few days and i want to do good stripes.

2. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

stripe kit. just mow as you would normally in perfect straight rows. the mower does the rest

3. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

I get the 99 cent cans of spray paint at wal mart and go to town baby!

4. trinity1

trinity1 LawnSite Member

I cut only every other strip of grass and not only does it look like stripes but it saves on gas

5. Shaded Green

Shaded Green LawnSite Member

You guys have no idea what you are talking about. I've tried the spray paint, but it looks really weird after a couple days. Cutting every other pass only works in the early spring.

You're going to have to learn to drive your WB backwards. You make one pass forward then the following pass in reverse.

6. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

dang ive hear it all now. everyone knows that you have to use a dandelion digger and press each individual blade to a 73.574* (degree) angle.

duh.:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

These guys are nuts. Don't listen to them. Once you get your new mower, get yourself some stakes and mason string. Set up some parallel lines with the string and stay inside the lines. That is the only way to get straight stripes.

8. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

thats absurb!!!!everyone knows you just need a good compass down in front of you!!check out Formotion products

9. GO to John Deere Landscapes and get some "Stripe Right Blades" for your mower or if you really want it to look good get some of Scotts, Perfect stripe grass seed to redo your lawn.

10. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

when im trying to be quick i have a gps system that i use. all 13 of my guys have one so they keep moving from point to point and all i do is cut. i never have to wait for them to move, theyre always in position when im ready to cut that area.

you can also get the insta-stripe kit for your string trimmer, works great.