How do you stripe.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paridise, Feb 28, 2005.

1. paridise

paridise LawnSite Member

I have never striped before. I admire a striped lawn could any body give me some pointers

2. paridise

paridise LawnSite Member

can anybody give me some tips?

3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Paridise....I see you're a new member to th site, so before anybodyy makes you feel dumb, use the 'Search' function. Use the term 'stripes or stripping' and you will have more info than you can read or digest.

By the way, Welcome to Lawnsite.com

Jim

4. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

Not really worth the time or effort in our neck of the woods. I have several customers in aiken and i think that you are waisting your time if you try to stripe them unless it is in the winter when you have some rye out

5. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Striping is quite simple... Some mowers stripe as is, others you can purchase a striping kit... There is no more time and effort added to mowing the lawn.. Its like killing 2 birds with one stone

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

There are factors that can affect the the ability to leave nice stripes. Deck height, cutting height, type of grass, and the use of a striping kit, to name a few.

7. derekseger

derekseger LawnSite Member

:D We do a lot of striping on some of our larger commercial properties and if you have the time to do it you can do some really nice looking patterns. I like to start in the center of my lawn drive all the way to the other side and turn going down the opposite direction you just came from. And then just work your way across the lawn. After you finish, do about three rounds on the outside of your pattern to clean up any turn around marks. That is just your basic pattern. If you have a lot of time you can do other stuff like diamonds and the bullseye. We were very successful with the bullseye pattern and if you have the space to do its really nice. Just start in the middle make a small circle and just keep following your circle around turning at either 9:00 or 3:00 every trip around. To really bring out the light and dark shades go over it again. :sleeping: We run Ferris and Simplicity equipment right now which have rollers already installed. But depending on what type of equipment you have you should be able to get a roller kit. Also if you would like to read more about striping go to Simplicity Manufacturing .com. That is where we got a lot of our ideas and how we learned how to stripe. Welcome to the Lawn Site!

8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]