How do you think these people make a living?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by westerfield, Feb 25, 2013.

1. westerfield

westerfield LawnSite Member

complete lawn service and care

MOWING AND EDGING ONLY
    -front or back yard only - 2 TIMES A MONTH $20 -4 TIMES A MONTH $40
    - front and back yard- 2 TIMES A MONTH $30 - 4 TIMES A MONTH $50

COMPLETE CARE
    MOWING AND EDGING
    WEDDING FLOWER BEDS
    TRIMMING BUSHES

-front or back yard only- 2 TIMES A MONTH $30 - 4 TIMES A MONTH $50
    -front and back yard - 2 TIMES A MONTH $30-40 - 4 TIMES A MONTH $60-70

I think its missing, non license non insured and we kill your grass and shrubs for free!

2. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a part timer trying to make niche market.
    Or trying to capture people that had service but decided i can do it myself since the economy took a dump.
    For me it wouldnt be enough to switch to a service.

3. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

They don't make a living. They either don't know it yet or are supplimenting another income without truly being a business.....no Insurance, don't pay taxes on that money, etc.

4. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

License and insurance don't cost that much for a small op to justify having to charge a higher price. This is just another guy who thinks it's easy to make money in the lawn biz and trying to get their foot in the door, and in this business it means by cutting price.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Wester those guys going to learn the hard way:waving:

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

When the customer gets burned they will learn their lesson.

7. westerfield

westerfield LawnSite Member

tell me about it, i love how these people kill lawns, than i go in there and install new one.

i live in california and i have to have 1mil coverage since i have an isuzu truck, and i have to pay 95 a month for insurance, and i have to pay 60 for the truck, and after that i have to pay taxes.

so that type of money isn't worth my time, i don't want to loose money when i turn the ignition on.

am new here and not many of us from cali check this site out

8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

These people keep us in business. We should thank them lol. Hey its all good man, welcome to the site.

9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

It's easy to do when you don't pay insurance, or taxes, or have commercial equipment, or a new truck, or any idea of what you are doing. A guy can make some money with an old push mower, an old homeowner trimmer and a cheap blower operating out of the back of his truck with no regard for insurance or taxes. I honestly don't care what these types of guys do and I don't care if there are people out there who will hire them. It's just one certain section of the marketplace that I don't really bother with. By and large, these guys aren't taking money out of my pocket because the types of lawns these guys attract aren't what I want to deal with. And if they do get a lawn or two of the caliber I like, the property owner will get fed up soon enough and call someone who knows what they are doing. More power to them if these guys are just trying to put some food on the table or some extra money in the bank for a rainy day for their family. The guys who think they are running a business and looking to earn a long term living that way won't last long so I dont worry about them.