1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How Do You Track Your Employees' Time?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by aarondfrancis, Jan 31, 2013.

1. aarondfrancis

aarondfrancis LawnSite Member

Hi All,

I'm new here, but I was wondering how those of you who have employees track their time? Is it yard by yard or hourly? Do you use paper time cards?

I'd love to hear any info y'all have.

Thanks!

Aaron

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Strictly hourly. Good old fashioned punch clock at the shop. Every week I tally the hours and enter them on my payroll services account. Paying per yard would be a nightmare as they vary so much.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. aarondfrancis

I see. So you have to manually key the hours into the payroll services account?

Thanks for your feedback

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yes. Some payroll companies have a badge system where the employee swipes his badge and it goes to the payroll server. Costs more of course. I save money doing things simpler. I don't need top tech for everything. Id rather put the money to more practical use.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

My scheduling software allows the employees to clock in and out and a report can be printed ...also can clock in and out at jobs remotely...i use clip and it transfers all data to QuickBooks

6. aarondfrancis

Awesome! What's it called?

7. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Service autopilot