How does everyone handle yard waste? Drass clippings, leaves, branches

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FCS Services, Sep 3, 2006.

1. FCS Services

FCS Services LawnSite Member

I was wondering how everyone handles yard waste? How do you handle clippings, leaves and any branches collected? How and where to you load them on you rig? How do you off load them and where?

I have an open 16' open trailer and an F150. I use to have a Lawn tractor pull behind type trailer that I had mounted on the trailer that I use to "dump" at my debris sight (very easy). But now, due to more yard waste accumulation I just dump everything in the F150. Works okay until it comes time to unload.

Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Frank

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont bag so grass clippings arent an issue. If im hauling branches i just load them into the back of my pickup truck or my trailer(depending how big the pile is) I can take branches and leaves to my local dump for free. If im lazy i will dump them in the back of my fathers property when hes not home :)

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

:nono: :nono: :laugh:

just practice looking surprised when he says something and say "the nerve of some people":laugh: :laugh:

i just pile them up where i used to have my garden and burn them every now and then.

4. HOLE-N-ONE

HOLE-N-ONE LawnSite Member

I use several 55gal plastic barrels in a rotation to put the clippings in.I have a freind that takes the full barrels dumps them in his compost pile and brings back a couple of empties and gets few more full ones. Seems to work real well.

John

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We are lucky, a friend owns a plastics shop with several acres behind it so guess where it all goes. And its right in the middle of my routes.:usflag:

6. chadwhick

chadwhick LawnSite Member

if customers have trash pickup and don't mind I pile waste @ site. other wise branches and such I pile on trailer or in pickup.

7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We leave all grass clippings, branches, etc. on the street for city pickup.

8. FCS Services

FCS Services LawnSite Member

Where do you put them on your rig - I'm thinking about getting a E250 or ? I have a f150 that I use now but I use to use a van. The van was really handy and useful. would like to use a van again but not sure what to do with the 1/2 - full pick up load of clippings???

Thanks in advance

Frank

9. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

55 gallon drums in the frount of the trailer for grass clippings, thrown on my compost pile, branches- back of truck and to transfer station.

10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Some municipalities have curb side leaf pickup, in those places we dump leaves in the street.I have a 150 acres, we compost yard waste and spread it out over a field on the property.