How does everyone here clean there stuff????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burge19, Mar 25, 2009.

1. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

Just wondering how everyone here cleans there mowers and handhelds? Do you powerwash them, just blow them off, light garden hose??? I always blow off my equipment after each use but as far as actually cleaning it, will a power washer be to much for the mower and handhelds?

2. KensLawnCare

KensLawnCare LawnSite Member

run it threw the carwash, just kidding i blow them off soap and water not good for equipment,weedeaters and stuff ill degrease every 6 months or so, actually time for me to do it again just thinking about it

3. KensLawnCare

KensLawnCare LawnSite Member

im not saying i never wash the mowers but limit to it

4. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

We power wash under the decks and blow/hose off the top sides. Even our older mowers are often mistaken for being only a few months old... and keeping them clean cuts down on maintenance and makes maintenance and daily checkouts easier.

Plus it just looks more professional to not be showing up with equipment tht looks like it's due to be scrapped.

5. hot water pressure washer.

6. Cheyney'sChoppers

Cheyney'sChoppers LawnSite Member

I will powerwash the decks through out the year. Then take them apart during the off season once a year at the moment to wire wheel everything out and paint the underside of everydeck

7. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Powerwash 4-5 times per year being very careful to avoid flywheels and air intake. Small equipment gets wiped down after every use and engine gunk applied once per year.

8. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

thanks for all the help

9. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to wash mine every week, until one day I got water in my 36'' Toro and it ran like crap......now I just spray the deck, and blow everything else.......

10. GracesLandscaping

GracesLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

other than a frequent "blow off" every now and then when i have time ill go to the carwash and powerwash mine