How does it work?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Feb 25, 2008.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Can't seem to get my suspension seat adjusted just right. It either gives too much or not enough. Is there a trick to it? Does anyone know how much one turn does? as in pounds, like one turn equals 25 pounds or something like that

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think you are getting to heavy:waving:

3. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

damn i knew something wasn't right:cry::cry: i guess i need to :weightlifter:

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is the same way, I just crank it right up untill it starts to shakes and tremble, then back it off 1 turn. Air ride seats are the way to go now.

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

rub it in :cool2:

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The backhoe I used to run I would spend awhile adjusting the seat till it was nice and my back didn't hurt. Then the boss would run the machine crank up the seat pressure because he is heavier than me I get in and now when the seat didn't go down. Then I would have to readjust the seat.

Adjust it so your comfortable or you will end up with back problems.

7. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

I have yet to operate a machine with a great suspension seat. I feel when im sitting on it for a couple hours that it seems to just sink down and stiffen right up, the air ride in the C series CATS must be very nice to sit on.:cool2:

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Almost all fullsize excavators run the same KAB seats, most backhoes and a few dozers run the same as well. My dad always told me when I was a kid "you don't wanna be on the iron your whole life, your back will be shot by the time you're 40" I think that's a thing of the past, seats are much better than they used to be 10 years ago. Even if you're running a dozer in rock, with the right seat you shouldn't hurt too bad by the end of the day.

9. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

The seat in my Takeuchi is very comfortable. It is not air ride but it has a nice spring that I can tension up and it gives me a nice float feel. Also I like it because it has a high back on it so I don't get rip lash as much when I sometimes go over a pile of dirt too fast.

10. NHMan

NHMan LawnSite Member
    from USA

Alot of people don't realize this but on the KAB seats, you can adjust for your weight and they also have 3 different height settings as well. Just lift on the seat frame. You shouldnt be tighting the knob to adjust for your height.
    Cheers