How does the Accelerator affect floating decks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Jan 11, 2004.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Im interested in an accelerator, but Im a little iffy on wether one side of the deck will have too much weight and the deck would mow unbalanced, or what. Someones gotta know!:)
  2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: have 4 of them over here, 1 is the super large on and goes on the floating deck of my bobcat ztr with NO problems what so ever. best catcher iver purchased. go for it. tony
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

What about an ODC? Can a discharge chute be used while bagging, or does it have to be removed? I'm thinking you could just open the chute like you were dispersing clipppings, but not sure, as I don't know if they use the same mounting holes or not.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The XL will cause problems fillled w/wet grass on a smaller floating deck. Generally we use the standard size for grass & XL for leaves.

You should be able to modify your OCDC to fit or at least have a 1 pin release w/the Accelerator attached as it takes no additional hardware to mount on most units.

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

It is all going to depend on the weight of the material inside the unit. If you are bagging wet and heavy grass, it is probably going to have a off balance effect. if only dry leaves and grass than i dont see a promblem.

just empty more often if the material is heavy or you notice an uneven cut.