How does the Dr lawn vac compare to cyclone rake?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Nov 9, 2006.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I wanted to ask any of you folks who have ever used the Dr lawn vac how well does it work. I had a cyclone rake at one time and it did a great job other than I never got used (or did not give myself enough time to) pulling that long thing around. The Dr has a discontinued model with the 5.5 hp engine for 989 and I have a dealer only 30 miles away. The cyclone rake is 995 but has a 6hp engine and is 73 inches long. Dr website did not say how long or wide theirs was. Both have a 6 month not satified return policy but the cyclone rake has a better warranty. Just wanted to ask how any of you that have used one likes them. Also the 995 cyclone rake holds 200 gallons compared to 245 for the Dr. I like the fact of having a dealer close by thought instead of having to call and order something way off.

2. jeffv

jeffv LawnSite Member

Search some of my posts, you will see how I compare the DR to the CR.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Jeff, but after calling two Dr dealers and both told me real fast they did not carry them anymore because of poor service I scratched that idea. I recently aquired a trac vac and this things pulls much easier than the cyclone rake, a@@ end does not swing around like the CR did. I hated that setup they had, when you went to turn with it or was close to something or going down a wall you would knock the h*ll out of it. I still put my trac vac up FS though because I decided I would just make do with what I have.