1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Does This Deal Sound? F-250

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GravelyGuy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I am about to buy a 2005 Ford f-250. 4x4, 10,000 miles, 5.4 gas, spray in bedliner, fog lamps, CD, running boards. This truck is cosmetically perfect inside and out. The price is $24,000. Should I jump on it? I am trying to get things lined up with the bank now.

Can I talk them down at all?

2. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

Is it a King Ranch, Lariat, XLT or XL? Is it a regular cab, super cab crew cab?
  3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Without knowing what Ferdelance said I'd say its at least a good deal. Deal of a lifetime, no but its prob fair.

-Based upon what I've seen while looking for a 3/4 Chevy recently.
  4. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Sorry, it is an extended cab. Not a crew cab, but it has back seats with the type of back doors that can only be opened when the front doors are opened.

I don't know if it is an XL or XLT etc. It seems to have quite a few options though. Thanks for the help.
  5. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I just checked, it's an XLT.
  6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

You can always try to talk them down, even if its a few hundred bucks. I just put my first ding in my 06!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: I was turning my rider and came a little close to my bed and hit it with the bagger as I was turning. It just caught under the driver side tail light and made a little indent. You can barley see it but I know its there.:hammerhead: Not a bad price I guess but its going to be 3 years old soon, new they are around 40k (xlt's w/ext. cab 4x4 etc.) so I guess thats a reasonable deal.
  7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

mmm i would try to get em down to 23-24000. then it would be better. super cab xlt's lose their value pretty fast.
  8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

You could get a brand new one, xlt ext cab 4x4 for around 26-30k here. so unless you can get him down to 21k its not worth it.
  9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I wouldn't buy it unless it had a diesel in it. Resale value will be low and it will be difficult to sell.
  10. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

The MSRP on the tag that was in the glovebox from when it was new was almost $37,000. The cheapest new F-250 that I can find around here is $23,000 and that is for a completely stripped down ugly one. I have been to every dealership in my area and I have checked online. This is the best I have been able to find yet with all things considered such as the mileage.

Do you guys know if Ford had the 5 year powertrain warranty on the 2005 trucks?