How does this design look?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Lawnworks, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

This is my final design for this house. You guys have critiqued my earlier designs. I am doing this for a customer for experience, and I am basically just covering my costs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what is the pressure at the house?

3. Lawnworks

from usa

It is 80 psi.

4. tiedeman

from earth

for me, now I am not that greatly knowledgable in installation, but the first thing that pops out to me is it looks like the bottom of the first picture could use three more heads.

5. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

What's up are you advertising for gopher?? Give us the 411 on the software.

6. tiedeman

from earth

what do you mean?

7. Lawnworks

from usa

There is a ditch between the zone and the street.

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Your front yard design looks a lot better than when you first posted this a couple of months ago. The back yard doesn't look bad but could use a little work but it could be because I'm a little confused as to the exact configuration. In the front lawn page you show a line on the left going up and into the back yard. Hard to tell what is turf area and what is hardscape.

I think your left side yard needs some work and the jogs in and out on the back yard. You're assuming that the end spray of sprinklers will be adequate to cover these corners when in reality they won't.

9. Lawnworks

from usa

The left side of the yard may need one more head, but it is a shady area that will not need much water. I might could use one more head at the corner of the drive, but right now there is alot of junk there.

If I decided to run a sprinkler out by the road, could I just use funny pipe to get it there?

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The main front yard is still kind of wack. I'd start there with a sprinkler in each corner, then work on "connecting the dots."