How does this flier look?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CoreyD, Feb 10, 2007.

1. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

i dont think it looks good..... and im horrible at doing this stuff on computers.... is it good enough to pass out tho? :p

Attached Files:

2. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

i know its not good enough just give me some suggestions.... im not too good at this computer
  3. kentuckylawns

kentuckylawns LawnSite Member

I would make the font like 5 times bigger, and start with a headline of what you can do for them. Such as "Are you tired of mowing your lawn" ?? , give people a reason to call you and look over the flier, offer a coupon for calling and signing a service agreement. "one free cut if you sign a service agreement by.... such and such date.
  4. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

It's bad. Word isn't a good program for flyers.

If you are not inclined to work on making it much better get the printer to do it for you. They could probably make a prototype in less than an hour for your approval. Also it doesn't have to be full colour but if it is, make sure its a nice looking flyer.
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

First of all you need to have your logo and business name so that it pops. I mean it has to stick in their head. If it doesn't stick you are just advertising for every one in the phone book. Next is make it readable for Older people that have poor eyesight. (they are the most likely to need your assistance)
    Get rid of the much much more part as they will call and ask if you do x that is not in the norm.
    put it on paper that is noticeable. Not regular printer paper. try card stock or resume paper. something that lets them feel how good you are. trust me cotton resume paper has landed me many high end jobs.
    you have to apeal to as many senses as you can if you are not talking to them. eyes, touch, add a pleasent smell(no don't spray your cologne on it, but when your s/o is baking let them air in the nice aroma) and hearing. you need to word as if they can hear you speaking to them as they read.
    taste well if they taste it then you probably don't want them as a customer.
    These are just a few ideas. look on the web at major corporations that have teams to do this for ideas.
  6. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I seen your last post about the name and think you made the right choice by going with greenstar & the slogan. That leaf on your flyer, you should definitly work that into your logo somehow. the leaf looks kind of like a star and would go great as a logo somehow. just toy with it around your name a bit.

As for the flyer, it needs lots of work. It is way to small. just keep tinkering, you will get it.
  7. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly goto and design a doorhanger.

1.) they look professional
    2.) you don't have to be a design wiz to make it work

If you need ideas what to include....

Biz name
    Phone number (yes thats obvious but it can be easily over looked)
    (as someone said) why should they hire you
    Services you offer
    Possible discount (make it worth while, 10% is a good number)
    I personally like to include a reason and time to call.... Like Call today for a free estimate, the sooner someone takes action the sooner you can fill your route.

You won't come close to printing what you have designed for the price it costs you to design and have 5000 doorhangers shipped to your door.

Work smarter not harder.... Spend your advertising money smart!!! It only pays you in the end.

Good Luck
    All Clear
  8. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

Logo could be like a shooting star. You know, start with the outline of a star shooting under your name and finish with your leaf. As for your flyer, you can just go to your local print shop to create a decent flyer for ya. That's what I do and then pass out about 3000 every fall, spring and mid summer to targeted areas that we want to service. It works pretty well. Good luck. Keep going forward and don't give up!
  9. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

Just saw the post about door hangles. In my opinion door hangers suck. Not all doors are created equal. This makes it difficult and time consuming. Just passing on my experiance so you don't make the same mistake.
  10. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

around how much would it cost to have a decent flier made by a printing co