How does this flyer look?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sancho_man_orlando, Jul 10, 2006.

1. sancho_man_orlando

sancho_man_orlando LawnSite Member

I've serviced my client this weekend and put about 10 of these at door
    steps that were over grown. I should have knocked and talked to the
    people but didn't...

Orlando Lawn Patrol

“Servicing lawns for better neighborhoods”

Every lawn is:

o beautifully edged
    o trimmed
    o mowed
    o debris blown off of street, driveway,
    and walk ways.

One time service or monthly plans available.

Additional services:

o Sod Installs
    o Mulching
    o Install Stone walls
    o Planting
    o Pressure Washing
    o Gutter cleaning
    o Roof sweeping
    o And more

FREE ESTIMATE!

One time clean up:

$ _______________

Mention this flyer and receive a 10% discount.

Monthly Plan (up to 4 cuts per month)

$ _______________

2. mblackburn

mblackburn LawnSite Member

Im like you I dont knock either...Its like Im ashamed to get my word out. If a guy is in his driveway and Im doing houses ill put the whole st up and pass him...I need to get out of that, but at the same time I feel a door hanger is less intrusive than a salesman in your face

3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not have mention this flyer and receive a 10% discount. Everybody will say ive mentioned your flyer. We give discounts to senior citizens only. You may want to have listed the minimum you are willing to charge for a lawn service job ,like $30.00.. this eliminates the hassle of all the free estimates and your gas driving around all over the place. Other than that looks good.

4. sancho_man_orlando

How about getting the coroplast signs and putting one in the yard while you're servicing your clients?

Maybe something that reads "Want yours done too?"?

I have a bunch of blank yellow ones in my garage, i'm going to write them out but I'd like to get a couple professionally done with my business logo on it.

5. sancho_man_orlando

TNT, I did this up in Word and the formatting didn't come across. I lost a square that had a fill in the blank for "one time cut" and a fill in the blank for "monthly plan" where when I deliver it I eyeball and price it right there. So the "Free Estimate" is in their hands.

The 10% discount only applies if they sign up for a monthly service plan. Not one time cuts.

6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe CLIPART.COM has alot of free pic's you can put on your flyers like mower's. We don't put signs in our customers yard's for one they can't stay there forever. Do a great job for your clients ,word of mouth is priceless and will go a long way. Get some business cards made. Give a few to your clients and soon you'll be picking up more clients. I would also check into having the flyers or consider the door hangers done by a print shop.Not only will this look professional.

7. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

Putting flyers on overgrown yards is a great idea, especially when you are trying to target an area, but advertising one time cuts will probably be more of a PITA in the long run:nono: ... especially when people try to take advantage of your service and let it grow an extra foot before making the call to you.

8. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

oh and the 10% discount is a great idea, since they don't know what you would be charging anyway. I've picked up jobs by bidding slightly higher than usual and saying, well alright I'll knock it down $5...to the original estimate. People eat that *&$t up!

9. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I think thats a great flyer...but i also think you should just suck it up and knock on the door... I had a bid today (which i won) and the guy across the street from this house was bad...I mean the grass was about up to my knees... the guy had 2 brand new caddys in the driveway so, i just went over with my business card and knocked...he was interested in just cutting the front and side (was a corner lot) Told him 50 bucks and that I will be out on Wed to do it, along with the guy across the way, he paid me cash and shut the door :)