1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How does this price sound?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Jun 29, 2000.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I am going to try to sell my Encore 48&quot; 18hp Vanguard for $4000. It has 260 hrs. and it has mulching capabilty. I think the price is reasonable, do yall? The reason I am selling is to get a chopper. Those things will fly and I got a really friendly, cheap dealer in town. Will I regret getting a chopper? I am worried about them scalping. I know my Encore has more scalp wheels and rollers. What do yall think?<p>Thanks<br>Rick<br>LawnWorks
  2. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

Take this from someone who owns an Encore mower and has learned the hard way. The money you save upfront on an Encore you will will make up with repairs, then some. Always something wrong with it, it seems. Cuts good. Just undependable. Only 3 years old too.<p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida
  3. sjewel

sjewel LawnSite Member

I just bought a Dixie chopper and I love it. I have had it for about two weeks now. It cut my mowing time down while still giving a great cut. You wouldn't believe how many complements I get on my chopper's cut from my customers! I don't have any problems with it scalping.
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I've never regreted getting a Chopper. I bought 3 more after buying my first one 7 years ago. I got a new diesel 60&quot; 2 1/2 weeks ago and they just keep improving them. My best advice is to demo one and see for yourself on the lawns you mow and then you will know for sure. I don't have scalping problems, but I suppose if you cut very short and have a very rough lawn, it's possible to scalp, but it is with most mowers.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence