How does this sound

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLC, Apr 19, 2003.

1. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

Ive been having problems reciving payments, everyone takes their sweet time. I want to put a message on the bottom of the bill does this sound alright. Payment due within 15 day upon reciving

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

my terms at the botton of my invoice is as follows:

Terms: Full payment due 30 days from date of invoice otherwise a service charge of 2% per month will be added which is an annual rate of 24%.

3. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I have had problems recieving payments when the customer was not there when i perfomed the service, and left a bill in the door. This is the customers excuse for stalling.

I went to a new clients house today to do some more work. I rang the door bell, she opened the door, and the bill fell out I had left a week before. She picks it up and starts to read it and was pretty embarassed. I said oh yeah by the way that was for the fert a week an a half ago, I started laughing, and within mins she had a check to me.Come to find out she never uses her front door. Now I have a certain spot where the bill will go.

Other customers will keep putting me off. I just give them a call, and ask if thet recieved my bill ok. Wanted to make sure it didn't blow away. They put the check in the mail the next day, or ask if I want to pick it up. I never let a customer go for more than 7 days without payment before I am on the phone to them..

Monthly customers that dont pay, I will just not cut anymore. Then when it 6 inches high , and they call asking why I haven't cut, I just say,because I haven't recieved a payment yet. If they say well I will put a check in the mail tomarrow, will you please cut? I just say sure as soon as I recieve the check, but I am going to have to charge you double since the grass is so long...This will usually get them motivated.

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Contracts.

Payment due within 10 (or 15) days of reciept of invoice. Send out invoices on the 28th of the previous month. After that send another letter and stop cutting.

Contracts guy's, please don't learn the hard way. Contracts get you paid at the beginning of the month you're working on. You can't lose.

Why do I feel like I've said this a thousand times here on this site.

Contracts get results. If they are not willing to sign a contract YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR THEM.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you might want to check and make sure that if you are going to charge an annual rate that it is legal. I was for like a year charging a 17% annual rate and to find out that it was illegal. I could only charge a 7% rate because I was not incorporated. Also the state the you reside in has a lot of do with it to. Make sure to check with an attorney before setting up an annual rate.