how does this washer look

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by grass disaster, May 15, 2006.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

2. i got one from them several years ago, just a little bit smaller it worked good, but I finally broke down and got one that has the hot water and that has been money well spent, for equipment and trucks the hot water makes a big difference.

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Why would you need 4000 psi?

4. grass disaster

no idea what i need or want really.

i was thinking i should buy a good product. this one looked pretty good.

i could use it for repainting my shed. to get off the old paint.

is 4000 psi more than i'll ever need????

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

with 4K psi you'll have to be careful you don't go through vinyl siding or strip paint off wood (if you're just cleaning it). I have a 2.7K psi 6.5hp honda and it works well, Hardly ever do I finding myself saying "i need more"

6. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

4000 psi IMO is way too much for many apps. Like BSD said too much pressure will damage wood, siding and morter. If your PW decks anything over 1500 will fuzz the wood and damage it. I would say no more than 2300-3000 is needed for any job you might have.
    Maybe there are others who can think of applications that will need more, but those are very few.

7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Most pressure washers have the ability to turn down the pressure. I would get the bigger one so that way you have the ability to turn it up when needed for driveway applications.

8. grass disaster

well then this would sund like the way to go??????????????

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

ide go with it, just turn it down, or make sure you can turn it down first then buy

10. fly-4-fun

fly-4-fun LawnSite Member

If you can't turn the pressure down, just keep the nozzle farther away from what you're cleaning. Also you use a wide fan nozzle instead of the tight stream one. That's what I do with my 4000# machine.