How does your lawn look???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazygator, Jul 2, 2001.

1. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering how everybody else's lawn looks compared to our customers lawns. Is it like the mechanic who works on everybody else's cars, but has no time for his?? Oh well I was just wondering anyway. I would rate mine from 1 - 10 at a 6.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

id give mine a 9.

3. my lawn, i can say good things and bad. i am usually busy workin on other people's properties, so all we get to do is cut and small stuff. i just ripped out some shrubs that have been here now for about 20 years or so. spent a couple G's on it. but as far as the lawn goes, i have the straighest stripes on my block. and i gotta work at gettin it the greenest and weed free. after that i am set. back yard dont ask. that is on its own cause of the dog

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't afford our companies prices...:D

5. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

I'd give mine a 4.5; pretty sad looking, the rainbird underground is awol, waiting on parts, pulled the weeds out this evening. Too busy mowing to keep track of mine.

Paul

6. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Go to my web site and you be the judge.

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I have hired the second best company in our area to maintain our property. Just like Alan we cannot afford ourselves. :D

We have also hired the best pruner/shearer out there to keep the ornamental beds groomed every six weeks for a pristine look. ;)

Our girls handle all installations of the annuals, and like to "*pop*" the heads to keep them blooming.:blob1:

Kris

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I would give mine an L for Little. :)
    We do like it though and I mow it twice a week. I installed an automatic underground irrigation system about 6 years ago and we spend a lot of time out on the back deck after work under the old shade tree. Great place to unwind after working all day. As you can see our lawn is small and since I hate stripes, I don't put any in my lawn. :D

[​IMG]

9. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Eric,

Is your back yard easy to cut with the Chopper?

10. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric,
    I think you really need to learn how to stripe with grass shears! LOL.