How does your own property look?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by White Gardens, May 15, 2008.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

My place starts to look dingy, but not horrible when the season starts to get busy. How does your property look and do you have any time to deal with it.

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Will this suffice?

473991854ZVZKqV_fs.jpg

473989732KzzoVq_fs.jpg

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

7 months from now...

[​IMG]

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Not to boast, its just my love for landscaping, my yard is kept near perfect at all times. I have 7 lawns, a huge pond, 2 nature trails and am starting to landscape the entrance. I purchased another home 2 years that at one time was beautiflly landscaped, everything is over grown but Im restoring the property. It has some beautiful rock work and is starting to shape up. Yesterday I aerated the part of the grass that is zozia and fertilized it, hoping it will spread. So far Ive sprayed over 20 gallons of round up. I had to give up Golf to beable to do all this

5. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

I am like the mechanic who changes his oil last.

6. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I love working in my yard- there was NOTHING when I bought the house 4 years ago. I find it relaxing to take care of my little piece of land at the end of the day. Yes, I have no kids- so I do have the time to spend. The backyard is last summer- the front is today.

House Summer 07 004.jpg

House Summer 07 020.jpg

7. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Nice yards guys.

I have some work to do. Got my annuals in, but I need about 5 yards of mulch and to kill some weeds before I am ready for primetime.

8. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Man I was motivated to post pics but after seeing how perfect you guys are I am embarrased....DANG -- Looks good!!!!! Thanks for kicking me in the TEETH!!! LOL

9. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's anymore motivation- if you live on a somewhat busy street (like where people go on walks, etc) it pays to get your yard looking nice. It not only increases your home's value, but I am always getting people who stop and talk if I'm out in the front... It's a good time to pass along a couple cards and chat. I've got a few jobs lined up very close by from the work I've done on my property. We've got GREAT soil in my neighborhood as well- makes the work awesome!

10. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I hear u....My yard looks good but I need to kick it up a notch - I have an acre and my subdivision everyone knows what my company does. Our name is recoginzed by the 3 surrounding counties and I just bought this property in OCT. I really need to focus and make it nicer..