How does your year look?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by newleaflandscape, Feb 9, 2005.

1. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I asked this question at this time last year, because i am always curious to see how everyones year is looking. We have alot commercial stuff already lined up, but not as much residential as last year. We do strictly installs by the way. I am getting nervous about this year due to our falling economy here in michigan and the fact that most builders I have been talking to are looking at a not so great year.

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

new don't worry too much its winter and we're the only ones worrying about spring and there landscapes. come march and april people will be calling begging for a spot on the schedule. i'm booked through june as of right now though. all the landscaping was lined up last fall and scheduled to begin march 15 weather pending.

3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Really good economy here still ...looking to do 20% more.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

2002 - 23.4% increase
    2003 - 23.8% increase
    2004 - 24.2% increase

...if we're in the 20's again for 05, I'll be happy. :)

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Rod
    How much and where do you advertise to increase like that each year..Those numbers are excellent.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Don't want to disappoint ya Larry, but we have never advertised in 11 years...all our new work is by referral during the course of the season and also a letter we send out in early/mid March. We might have a one liner in the Yellow Pages, but truthfully, I have never looked to see if one exists.

If ya want, I can send you a copy of it...a lot of guys have used it and I don't mind sharing it with you too.

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We are booked untill mid June. Right now I have about 20 patio & landscape install bids out. If I get half of them I will be booked solid untill the end of November......and I owe it all to my certifications..... :D

Chris

8. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

In the past 2 weeks I've made some big changes and some big decisions. I've bought a lot of new equipment, trailer, dump truck, etc.. I have had 25,000 flyers made and ordered 30,000 post cards today which are going to be mailed out around my area 3 different times. I am in the process of hiring 2-3 more full time people and doing a bunch of other little things to the business. I am going to get some pictures real soon of the new stuff and I will post them on here! Anyway... to answer the question to the post, if all goes as planned my year should look really good. I am only looking to gain about 75 more accounts but with about 50,000 fylers and postcards going out I hope I gan gain 75 PREMIMUM accounts! I will post those pictures soon!

9. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm with rodfather on this if you do good quality work for a good price your customers are the best advertisment. all the work i have scheduled is from existing customers. all new work is from word of mouth.

10. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

thisng are looking great. we are also looking at double digit growth.