1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How down is your city/state in Rainfall!?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Jul 31, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

I know we are several inches down here in IN, but does anyone have an exact figure for this month and last? It's terrible! This week looks to be one of the worst with 90+ temps for 10 days straight and little to no rain
    ( according to the weather channel)!

I've heard other states are very low on rain too. Please let me know who else is feeling this drought!
  2. CuttersEdgeks

CuttersEdgeks LawnSite Member

we are already over our yearly total here. nothing but rain april may june. and a very dry winter. all came at once. two floods in two weeks.
  3. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

we started out awsome in march april may. Too much rain, drowned out a lot of the farmers fields even. Then all the sudden bam no rain since the beginning of june till the middle of july, now weve had a couple which is good.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy LawnSite Member

Rains to much here in Texas
  5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

We've had more then our limit of rain in Oklahoma. More rain expected this week, including flooding.
  6. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Almost no rain up here in Toronto. Outdoor water use bans in some areas= screwed for mowing. 90*+ days are normal up here in Canada
  7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Minus 8" here in GA, but catching up.
  8. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I'll just put it this way...!

I'm sure if I went fishing and caught a catfish or two they would probably be covered with tick's....

Now that is dry:laugh:
  9. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

it rained Monday afternoon hard and heavy not long but long enough and this morning started before 8:00 AM and has been raining since really hard at times . On Monday's rain I poured about 1/2 in out of rain gauge have not go outside today so do not how much we have got today thus far .
  10. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

It's like the places that normally are dry are getting floaded and the places that are normally well, normal, are very dry. It's hot as hell here in Indy today and is supposed to be about the same for the next 10 days or more. I'm afraid of what will happen to the grass in 90+ tempts for that long without much precip!