how Dumb can ya be ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bohiaa, Jun 30, 2007.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Ok Guys, as you know it's been raining here in TEXAS for a week. were all swamped. it finley quit.

so running around CrAzY, this lady calls me. and says, when can you cut my grass... I say. um uh, um what is your name... Bla bla. I say well your not one of my customers. she says. No I was wanting to know how much you would charge. so I go through all my stuff, and come to find out. Her lawn service cant get to her for another week. because there behind because of all the rain, " DUH- LIKE I'M NOT " so she wants me to come cut untill they can catch up............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  2. Kumi

Kumi LawnSite Member

If you can do it,then go for it. Who knows,maybe she'll end up liking your work better and hire you.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That will get you a lot of lawn company friends:hammerhead:
  4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

That's exactly what i was thinking...
  5. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Probably someone elses PITA. They all think as soon as it stops raining we're gonna pop up instantly on their lawns.Some times they make U Krazy:dizzy:
  6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah, I'm sure they would appreciate that! Its much better to make friends than enemies in this industry. People like that just plain SUCK! And if one of my customers called another service because we were in a situation like that I'd say screw you keep 'em!:angry:
  7. Kumi

Kumi LawnSite Member

Wow...didn't expect to see the lecture coming. I skimmed the topic quickly and responded before i had put a lot of thought into it. It would be better to just tell her no. :dizzy:
  8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, I didn't tell her NO...

I told her were swamped. and it would be a week before I could get to it...
  10. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Really? Most residential don't "like". They look at the price... That's a what they really like...$$$$$$$ Don't matter if you can walk on water and preach to the blades of grass... $$$$ how much are you... :) :) :)