How Durable

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lawn perfection, May 16, 2003.

1. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

CONSIDERING A ROLLER FOR MY LAZER 60IN. HOW DURABLE IS IT. DOES IT HAVE A SPRING OR SOMETHING TO LET IT FLOAT ALONG THE GROUND. WHAT IS THE COST OF THESE ROLLERS.
    THANKS DUKE

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Duke,

Thus far we haven't had any issues with the rollers. The roller itself if .120 (.125 = 1/8") wall construction the bearings are sealed and it's mounted to the 3/8" thick anti-scalp roller brackets. Durability should not be an issue.

Retail runs between $320 and $350 depending upon which mower/cutting width you have.

Thanks

Terry

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

All's Good Here!!

759500res.jpg

5. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

THANKS FOR THE PICS AND THE INFO.

6. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

What about curbs? I mow some properties with several curbs, and do not know if the roller will get in the way. I know they are well built, but will I be able to hop these curbs without tearing my deck or roller up? Thanks.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Just Lift the Deck!

8. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

wattsup,

The roller will hold up just fine if we as operators do our part. Just make sure your not climbing extremely tall curbs, hitting them at high speeds etc. You should also back over the curbs, and raise the mower deck. If you do these simple things and use some good judgement you'll be just fine.

Thanks

Terry

9. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

He and I both learned something; backing over wasn't something we had ever tried before. Thanks Again.