How early do you start mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LushGreenLawn, Feb 8, 2007.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

How early in the morning do you guys start mowing residentials. I am a morning person, and like to start as early as possible, to give myself time in the evening to make up for rain delays.

Do you worry about waking people up? This is my main concern, I realize dew can be a problem, but my mower handles moist grass very well, you can't tell the difference.

Is 7:00am to early? Last year I started at 8:00, at a house where I knew the people that lived there were at work, but this year I will be cutting quite a few more customers, and won't be able to change the route based on who I know is not home in the morning.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Around 7:30

3. EDEN77

EDEN77 LawnSite Member

My target time is 8:00 AM. But, in the summer, especially in hot weather, I try for 7:00 AM. Only one customer has ever complained about the early start.

4. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

about 8am for me to.

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

During school when I do most of my mowing on Saturdays, I start up at 7:00 or so. In the summer I start at 8:30 or so.

6. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

7am on weekdays. 8am on saturday. 9am on sundays.

7. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

The county in which I mow allows work to begin at 7am. In the last 18 years I've only had 2 people complain to me about starting so early and I told both of them to call the county.

8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We usually do a commercial job in the morning and start residentials about 8am. The earliest we start residential is 7am, we have certain properties we service early.

9. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

5:00am for commercials that are not located near residential areas. Otherwise its 7:00am elsewhere. If we work on Saturdays its no ealier than 8:00am.