1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How early? How late?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Organic a go go, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Organic a go go

Organic a go go LawnSite Member

What kind of hours are your customers comfortable with??

I'd show up as early as I could but I find that most people don't wanna deal with the decibels much before 9:00 AM and really don't wanna be playing with the kids in the front while we're finishing the back in the PM so we're not out much past 6:00pm

Saturdays are even later (10:00am) and while I try to keep Sunday's off if we have to mow we don't start till (11:00). Banker's hours!!!
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

well, we usually start around 8, and finish up around 430-5. I try to never work on weekends unless its absolutley necessary.
  3. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

During the regular mow season we try to start about 7 and finish when the last one is done and we unload the days catch.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

As bad as it is, while we don't start running mower in residentials until 9 (earlier for commercials), we DO stay out longer into the early evening hours (6-7). If we are behind, yes...I've been into resi's at 8-9. For chem., it has to be before the afternoon hours...especially when school is in. I do NOT want kids getting the bus and cutting across lawns!
  5. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Commercial cutting starts at 7 am and ends when ever res start at 8 am( no later) and get done when ever usally its around 6 pm
  6. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

i start residentials by 7:30 during the week and 8:00 on sat if HAVE to work a sat
  7. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i start my commercials at 9am ... i only have 7 residentials i try and mow them after lunch when they are not home so i do not have to talk to them ..... i hate talking to people
  8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Right now Im part time so all my accounts are after 2. When I go full time it will be sun up for me. It gets hot here in Bama. Also that frees up the afternoon for aeration and landscape work, or fishing
  9. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We start mowing Com. at 6, and Res. at about 8. On one large condo we will start weed trimming at 7 . I figure we won't be under anyones window for very long. Then start mowing about 8:00.
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I start by 7:45-8am for residentials during the week. I'll start at 9 on the weekends if I'm out. I'm back in usually by 6pm.