how early is too early?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eaglelawn, Jun 10, 2003.

1. eaglelawn

eaglelawn LawnSite Member

hey, i was wondering how early is too early to start mowing someone's property?

cause my family is going somewhere and i need to mow two lawns tomorrow and wont have time to mow after they get back.

im talking about mowing at like, 7:00 tomorrow morning. the area is in a subdivision, so i was wondering about noise pollution, etc..

thanks a lot for any advice

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

you'd have a flat tire if you mowed my neighbors lawn at that hour. 8am is the earliest I'll start, usually i push it to 9 or 9:30 since i have a light load.

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I am an early riser but if I started my residentials at that hour the neighbors would throw rocks at me. Try 0800hrs

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

there are state laws on this.i think in my state during the week we can start at 7:30 but on weekends its 9 or 9:30 i think.i start at 8 every morning

5. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

If it's gotta get done I'd be out there when you gotta be out there.

6. 7 am here in ST. Louis.

We are on the first lawn at 8am.

Long time ago, my neighbors guy would show up to mow at 6 am on Saturday morning, I asked him nicely a few times, to come later, but he never did so I started to call the police on him every Saturday till they quit showing up.

After many many attemps to get him to change I took care of it with nail strips in the lawn.

7. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I start everyday at 7am on residentials. It is cooler (today it was 82) the rains come anytime after 1pm (2 inches today) so you have to get it done when you can.

Some days on commercials not in a residential area, I will start at 6am. BTW our noise ordinance is sunrise to 10pm.

8. reelgrass92

reelgrass92 LawnSite Member

I've mowed a couple of times at 6:30/7 but the dew is so heavy on the ground, I end up leaving lines, so I usually start around 8 +/-.:D

Not aware of state laws and regulations.

9. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

If someone in my subdivision cut at seven in the morning aroung here they would have a flat on there trailer when they went to load back up.

I try to start residentials around 9:00 but will start at 8:00 if I have to. No sooner.

10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've done them @ 7:30