How early is too early?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BVLAWNCARE, Nov 21, 2004.

1. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I was just wondering when is it too early to start sending out fliers, and sales letters? My plan was late January for residential and as early as December for commercial properties. Any suggestions? Is this possibly too early?

Thanks

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I would make it late Feb. for residential, most will not call in January and will lose your flyer by the time they want to call.

But the only thing you can do is try it and see! Good luck!!!!!!

3. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply and I will put out maybe a thousand in Jan and a few more thousand in feb and see what happends but your probably right. Thanks again!

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

For commercials, early is good, try to touch base with some to see what they're looking for. For residentials, its largely out of sight, out of mind until spring. But flyers are cheap, never hurts to put some out. I always get a few calls over the winter.

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

There's no such a thing as a bad time to advertize. The more people become familiar with your business the more likely they will be to seek you out when they need your services. Keep in mind the average person has to see and/or hear something 3 times before it becomes imbedded into the subconscious.

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I send in the spring (Feb.) but I also send right now to catch the people who are a little unhappy with a current LOC as any problems they had will fade over winter and by next spring they may just go with the old company again.Also holds for the D.I.Y.'s
    It also gives me a chance to hit most homes twice with a flier so I build name recognition. ( I am not targeting other LOC's, just an area- If a customer changes it is because of service issues- My pricing is based on my needs and is in the same ballpark as others so I do not under bid).