1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Easy to Service?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kubotafan, May 28, 2011.

1. kubotafan

kubotafan LawnSite Member

Are any of the commercial zero turns easier to service than others? I am mainly thinking about changing blades for sharpening and keeping the underside of the deck clean. It looks as if the Walker Mowers with the flip up deck would be the easiest, but do any of the mid mounts come close?
  2. Skidpad

Skidpad LawnSite Member

You could always get one of these: http://www.themojack.com/ and base your mower purchase decision on other factors that may be more important to you if you eliminate the deck serviceability factor
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Get mojack. it makes any mower easy to service
  4. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

I don't know how the Walker deck flips but the main reason I got a front-deck G'hopper is that it tilts the deck way up at the touch of a switch.
  5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

The walker's are $12,000. Buy a jack and a $5,000 zero turn.
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I just fininsed servicing one of the exmarks. with a helper it's Quite simple but by myself I use a floor jack and a jack stand, impact wrench. the oil is quite simple. and so are the greese fittings.

total time about 20 minutes....

there are hoist and lifts. But with a helper he can just put his feet on the rear engine area and pull on the roll bars to lift the machine....
  7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

I can change the blades on my Exmark ZTR in a few minutes. Lift the front up, slide a jack under one side. lift it a bit high and slide a jack under the other side. Zip zip zip with the electric impact and im all done.
  8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I hate you. J/K :D

I kick myself for not going with a GH front mount. I could easily justify having it. Especially with all the attachments they offer.
  9. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

the wright is harder than the walker....walker is way too easy
  10. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Makes it nice, don't it ! :drinkup: