How effective is ur UTV and what do u use it for?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by Horizon Jay, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Horizon Jay

Horizon Jay LawnSite Member

How effective is ur UTV and what do u use it for? Im lookin at buying a 2009 Polaris Ranger 700 3 seater with 1,2&4 wheel drive. It has a dump bed and trailer hitch. Its $6,500 with 2000 miles on it. Is this thing gonna sit more than work or is it a time saver? We have one 22 acre estate I know it would help on. Other than that is it just a toy? Ive read some other threads but looking for more input. Does price seem fair? Its either this or another mower so IDK. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

2. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can always throw a plow on it during the winter

3. Horizon Jay

Thats true but Im wondering about mulching, cleanups general landscape work. Is it really worth hauling on to a job site for work? Or just good for large properties?

4. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

I mean if you have the large properties then I would go for it. I can almost promise you that you will probably find many other uses for it

5. Horizon Jay

Update. I bought a polaris ranger 700 XP and love it! We have a 22 acre estate that we use it at for the most part but this thing is great! I pull a trailer with it and can haul wood, mulch, edging and you name it. Def happy with it!:clapping:

6. Southern Heritage

Southern Heritage LawnSite Member

They serve there purpose for large property's but they need to be large large as 20acres plus. I have 2 UTV's and I use them for our wildlife land management side. Hardly ever touch them on our landscape accounts.

7. Da Forest

Da Forest LawnSite Member

We went from a few different ATV's to UTV's. The one we have now is a JD 825i with cab, heat, and a Boss V Plow. We use it almost everyday for something year around. Have 26 acres and a 1900' drive. Long trip just to get the paper and mail.