how fancy is your personal yard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianslawn, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

who all actually has time to mow their own yard on a regular basis? most of mine dont grow too fast from everyone driving on it (going to change that around this winter), out in the country so dont really matter anyways, but gets mowed bout once a month and usually under the headlights. is it true a painters house is never painted?
  2. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

my grass is greener than I have ever had is amazing what you find out when you read info on lawn care...
  3. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Yard? What yard? I have a parking lot. Well, at least that's what it looks like. Seems that my grass gets mowed with truck tires. :dizzy:
  4. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

my lawn is in terrible shape this year, it has never been this bad. There is just not enough time in the day.
  5. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

Gonna have to get the neighbor the mow and bale mine.
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

This year our front lawn took a beating with the dry weather. It seems to be coming back around though with the rain and cooler temps lately.
    Normally our lawn gets cut once a week. Now what's looking out of control is not the grass, but the rose of sharon near our front porch, they need trimmed bad!
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

My front lawn is the best on the block. Mowed at 4" and not a weed in it. Only been here a year but since the neighbors see me with the trailer I have to set a good example on my lawn. The back yard is a different story. Its a utility lawn, made for play. The back is fenced and it doesn't look bad but it only gets 2 feedings and 2 weed apps a year. Its a soccer field, playground, ect.
    Since the front is growing fast I can mow every 3 days. I use the front as a living ad for my services. I tell everyone that I use the same products on my lawn as I do on their lawns and with a little input they can have a lawn like mine, for a price of course. payup
  8. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

My lawn is so bad that I am thinking of getting a post box so customers don't drop off checks here. Boat, trailer, two trucks, two cars and an rv. Looks like a lemon lot.
  9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

The house I live in is set quite a bit off the road, and the lawn is no where near visible from the street. It usually gets mowed about once a week, but it had been skipped a few weeks when it was dry, then I went on vacation for a week, got back and it was a jungle!
  10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

but too busy to maintainit right now.... im lucky i get to cut it every once in a while...... neighbors are nice and are my friends , they all say, " the shoemakers kid has no shoes." and "wow now i dont have to try and keep up with your da*^ lawn anymore" :blush: