How far behind are you with sidework?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Jul 6, 2006.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:dizzy: Im so far behind with sidework im not sure where to begin, we went from doin alright to way behind. when we started getting all that rain after fathers day we just been tring to get the lawns cut, been so bad had clean-up crew help us with mowin, oh yeah and my ferts behind too, gotta love the rain. tony

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

yea im behind with some hardscapes and a couple tree and shrub trimmings. On top of all the ran my sidework truck is in the shop:dizzy: .

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought 24 mowing accounts, which makes for a pretty tight schedule, especially for the first couple weeks untill they can all be placed into their respective routes.

So naturally,the requests for extras have been coming in left and right. Go figure.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Im behind on some small landscape and stump grinding jobs. My main problem is finding a dependable worker. I am almost ashamed of how lazy america has become. :confused:.

5. jwscroll

jwscroll LawnSite Member

Started telling the side job clients that I'm getting overbooked two weeks ago. Between the rain & picking up new properties it's hard to find the time. I won't even discuss side jobs with a client right now, gonna have to wait until the fall.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We're behind a full month...landscape guys have to keep helping out with maint. crews catching up.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Just a few days, my prices are high enough that they curb demand.

8. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Actually been slow here. Spring rush is over. We actually doing some marketing to our customers to try and drum some up.

9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

who has time for side jobs.:dizzy: should be out right now but having some problems getting going..:cry:

10. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I'm booked up with other-than-mowing work for at least 3 weeks and I have been working 6-7 days since the start of the year. Whenever I get a request for something I explain that it will be that long before I can get to it. Only one complaint so far about not getting a clean up done sooner, so no worries. Just keep plugging away until caught up. Better to have work lined up than to be sitting around; I hope I stay booked all season......