How far do you go?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ccash, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ccash

ccash Banned

during the course of the season, do you strive to do a "perfect" job week in and week out? are you maticulous? or do you provide an "acceptible" level of service, without striving for perfection?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

perfection will eventually kill ya. a nice decent clean job, that's all it takes.
  3. ccash

ccash Banned

I agree 100% I just wanted to see how many folks say they do...
  4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I try to balance quality with efficiency. I am always hoping to get faster at doing a great job. Being a perfectionist day in and day out will only make you fall way behind.
  5. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I try to do a perfect job every time, but it's impossible. Do the the best you can do and leave it that! I am a perfectionist! There are time when I find myself going back and retrimming and even pulling mowers back off the trailer to double cut when I think it needs it. I guess you just need to trust your crew !!!!!
  6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

well said, i used to but you need to learn to cut corners. ive come to the conclusion that you dont even need to trim(most lawns), just walk around with the thing making noise and then the people think you did the perfect job. therefor, you can skimp on trimming but make sure you do the important parts i call high traffic areas. frontdoors, mailbox, driveway areas, places where people go alot. you can skimp the tree 200' across the back yard and nobody knows. i think you save the most time there