How far is too far?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by HS Football Rules, Aug 29, 2007.

1. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

Assuming PSI and GPM are adequate, whats the longest run
    of 2" supply line I can get away with?
  2. Oh come on. Use your friggin pressure loss chart and figure it out for yourself.
  3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Better yet... how far do you want to run the 2" line? Subtract your pressure losses of 100' length of pipe equivalents, fittings, appurtenances, etc. from your PSI at the starting point and it will let you know if you can run it that far.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

To da Moon, Alice!!
  5. turfnh2oman

turfnh2oman LawnSite Member

Good input - One uh dese days Alice - Bang / Zooom !
  6. HS Football Rules

LOL.......nice.....while you didn't answer that question,
    you certainly answered a couple others!

Now I have to go locate a friction loss chart online somewhere and look it up myself,
    since I'm not licensed,(read GOD-like).

Attn: Moderator,, need sticky..."NO NEWBIE QUESTIONS ALLOWED"

:nono: <---- that's not my index finger
  7. We love helping newbies here. I fight for them to not get flamed. But your question wasn't a newbie question. It was a "I am totally clueless question". Friction loss in pipe questions is Kindergarten stuff.
  8. HS Football Rules

While your grasp of my situation is "rock solid", woudn't it have been easier to throw out a ball park distance based on your experience?

It's cool do what you do...I'll do the same.

9. Probably also need to know what you plan to do with all that water at the end of the run eh?
  10. HS we agree on one thing and that is that TX football is the best. The industry needs good people to do quality irrigation. Your question for me was a head banger because so much was missing from the question and I see work on a daily basis from companies clueless to basic irrigation. Here is a good site for tutorial questions.

peace as well