how far to travel for service?? part time?'s

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Skeelow, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

I am part time and have a few questions I would like help with for starting 2007.

I've got a few accounts I'm doing as part time (not my main job) and want to upgrade to commercial equipment for 2007. I want to go with Echo trimmer and bp blower and was wondering if driving 23 miles away to buy and possible service later on is to far?? I have other brand dealers close by but none that interest me. Next year I will take on 10 accounts max, do you think the echo equipment will handle that with ease? with no major service problems?

Looking at going with a Q36 Samurai, echo equipment, 5x8 trailer, with no intentions to expand since day job is source of main income. Plus I have 2 1/2 months during the summer that is vacation time. I'm a teacher and love my day job, rather work with kids than adults anyday. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If the dealer is good that is not far at all. Buy a supply of plugs and filters and you should not have to visit often.
  3. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

I would drive 50 miles, if I knew I would get good, reliable service. Can't put a price on that these days. Just try to call in advance of your trip, so you don't waste one.