How far will a Dealer deliver a Demo ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by webdrifter, Jul 14, 2004.

1. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

I have only had one Demo on my property so far, and it was a Hustler Super Z. I have a Hustler rep that lives only a mile from me so this wasn't a big deal. I would like to demo some other brands if possible on my own property, but the eXmark and John Deere dealers are around 25 miles away.

Will a dealer usually deliver a Demo this far away, and give me adequate time for a good demo ?

I'm new to the ZTR market and all the demo stuff, so your expertise is greatly appreciated.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

They should deliver it out as far as they need to in order to make a sale.... if they need to make a sale. Just stop by, do some tire kicking and ask them. To me 25 miles is not all that far.
  3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The Lesco Sales Maanger told me he dragged a Z-Two about 70 miles south of here for a demo
  4. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

Ask a dealer.......
  5. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a Scag dealer bring his demo from 60 miles away. He even offered the demo before asked!

A good dealer but he was way too high on price.
  6. webdrifter

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check around, and see what they will do. There are a few that sell more than one brand. I wonder if they will bring more than one brand at a time to demo ?
  7. lawnjockey51

lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member

I'm still looking .. so what did you think about the Hustler?
  8. webdrifter

The Hustler Super Z seemed to do a great job cutting, but the ride seemed bouncy even with the suspension seat. The tire air pressure may have been set on the high side so this may have been some of the problem. Thats one of the reason's that I would like to Demo some other brands. I did demo a used Kubota ZD-28, but it was on a different property, so it wasn't a fair comparison.