1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How fast can a 15 or 20FT batwing mower mow?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Realslowww, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

in MPH with a good tractor? and in what kind of conditions? Thanks!

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

It will do a good 50+mph if you mess with the governor. As for conditions, I saw a guy jump a creek with one and it landed on the downside of a ramp just like those guys on dirt bikes.

3. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

All of the same variables come into play as when mowing with any other mower.

4. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Are you talking about a bat wing brush hog? If so and you have a 90+ HP tractor you could mow at 4 MPH and stay in the seat.

5. Realslowww

I talked to some guys today who had 2 batwing mowers they were 90 HP and they claimed they could cut tall grass at 8 to 9 MPH, these were the style bat wing mowers with 2 sling blade hooked to the center housing that spins. Each one was 15 feet.

The told me the setup was real reliable with Shultze batwings, but did say the machines lacked in maneuverability

6. Realslowww

So what is your point? :laugh:

7. Realslowww

can they cut at 10 + MPH ?

8. Realslowww

Can a full size tractor go 10 to 15 MPH on the side of the road and not bounce alot?

9. i would recommend you not eat before you try it.

10. Realslowww

So you are saying more than likely these guy's were pulling my leg? my ZTR's have no problem at 15 MPH. They do not ride as well as a good ZTR?

thanks for the help.