How fast is the GRASS growing you ask???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dependable Lawncare, May 12, 2003.

1. Dependable Lawncare

Dependable Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have one customer that has moved to another city-having me cut his yard while the house is up for sale.

I have another that was out of town for the last week.

Both called within the last few days to complain about me not cutting their grass last week.

It's growing so fast here in Mo. I guess I should take a picture of each freshly mowed yard with me holding the daily paper in front of it. Ahhhh, if only it would last all year like this.......................

2. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

Yeah tell me about it i mow a yard one day and a couple days later it 6-8 inches tall again. I just dont know what to do about it. I was just wondering how you big companies handle something like this? Do you just mow it once a week no matter how long or do it when it needs it and work 24 hours a day.

3. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

I could cut twice a week. Here in TN.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I am double cutting every lawn once a week right now.....

5. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Lawns are growing fast here also. Running double blades, double cutting, triple cutting, etc. :dizzy: I'm having trouble getting to my other jobs because the mowing is keeping me so busy. Oh well, before I know it, things will slow down and I'll look back and laugh at how stressed I was. I just hope things don't get too slow though. ;)

6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I have been cutting my awn every 2-3 days. I live on a busy street and the first thing I don't want is a potential customer driving by and seeing a nasty looking lawn.

I'm thinking about going to every 5 days on my customers but I know there will be a handful of customers that won't go for it. That would make for a scheduling nightmare.