how fast?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by surfsk869, May 19, 2007.

1. surfsk869

surfsk869 LawnSite Member
    from mass

out of curiosity, how many yds of mulch can you guys toss an hour with 3 people working? ( not including installation)
  2. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

are you kidding, are we talking about unloading a truck into a pile, or spreading in a bed? what type of installation would you not be including?
  3. surfsk869

surfsk869 LawnSite Member
    from mass

no im not kidding, my apologies for lack of elaboration... time includes transport with pick up truck ( 6 foot bed ) and spreading into beds
  4. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

If all you have to haul with is a pick up, you dont need 3 guys working. There would be more down time than productive time. I can fit about 2 yards in the back of my 6 1/2 ft. bed and i can have it spread in well under and hour by myself.
  5. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

.... how far are we transporting?
    .... can you fit three yards in a 6' bed?
  6. East Coast Lawn Choppers

East Coast Lawn Choppers LawnSite Member

We were fitting 10 yds. in each of our dumps and refilling every 2-3 hours with 4 people. Included cutting the edges with a brown edger. We put down 40 yds. in one 8 hour day (one day everything fell in place). Ended up doing 150 yds. in 5 days. We busted a$$ and wouldn't do it without more people again. We had two trucks running so we could fill one, while taking out of the other so we never run out. Could have used a few more people... we will next time.
    We unloaded the truck into a 6x4 gator and wheel barrows. Worked better than using the loader.