1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how flaming popular is lawn mowing in america

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bulls_mowing, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Bulls_mowing

Bulls_mowing LawnSite Member

flaming hell how much competition is there in the unitied states
    In australia there is a lot but by the sounds of it it seems to be 50 bilion times more popular in america some people say they drive past mower man all the time i dont think its got to that stage in australia
  2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Down here in Fla, Its more popular than strip clubs, pawn shops and car lots.
    You can sit at a traffic light here and there will be at least 1 LCO sitting at the red light or going through the green lights.
    But like everywhere else they all come and go.
  3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

My county (in Red on the map) had over 1500 licensed lawn care operators the last time I checked. Or, to make even more impressive there are 3 lawn care operators that live on my street alone!

Attached Files:

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Trying to find an LCO in the USA is like trying to smell the Stink on Sht....

They are everywhere....Finding one that has been in business for more than a couple years may prove difficult...

When I lived in Orlando, they were everywhere
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I wonder why we don't hear more from Europe. Somebody has to cut the grass there but you never hear of it being a big industry. Love hearing from you guys down under. Send us some pic's Bulls. Love to see your work and or country side.
  6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

I always wonder about Europe to, you never hear of any on here.

i notice you had Miss USA this year, the original poster had Miss Universe 2005 from his town. :) (bulls mowing)
  7. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

When I lived in Florida, I was at a stop light on hwy. 27, just passed hwy 192 and I swear there was 5 LCO's, we were all stopped at the light all different companies. As we continued to drive, they just peeled off at their streets.
    There are more LCO's in FL than any other state, and there is plenty of work for them all. FL has the largest combined income for lawn and landscape care.
    It's nothing to see 5-15 lco's a day while driving.

Now here in Phoenix, it's a different animal, I MIGHT see 2-3 a day here.
  8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats cool about the Miss Universe. Miss USA is the only thing puts us on the map (exept for a very large lake). She's a pretty hometown girl and I hope she does well for herself. Where did you get the term or name Sandgropher at? I would say those European grasses are so civilized they don't need mowing.

Tara 4.jpg
  9. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

The name Sandgropher was spelt incorrectly, it should have been Sandgroper which is the nick name for West Australians, i thought it was because we spend a lot of time down the beach, but its named after a worm like creature that bores though the sand ,our Miss Universe was Jennifer Hawkins but do not have the skills to post, nice talking to you its midnight am of to bed cheers
  10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Ms. Hawkins. come on Down.....Yowza