How $ For Residential Weekly Cuts?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JW1, Nov 7, 2005.

1. JW1

JW1 LawnSite Member

What is the average rate for weekly cuts to an average residential lawn (front and back). I realize that all yards are different and each area is different, but any help is helpful. This includes whipper snipping edges too. Thanks in advance.

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

.........$18.50

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Areas are different in price southern lots are smaller,35 bucks is average we cut some as low as 15 bucks some as high as 275 bucks figure a hourly time and go from there.

4. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

It can depend on how many lawns you have in an area. For contiguous properties I charge about 25$, non connected are $30. Minimum $60 per hour including travel. This is for a one-man crew. 36 inch gravely W/B for the front yards, 24" in the back. Includes edging.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have 1 customer who seen me cutting her neabors lawn and she cought me at a bad time, she wanted JUST her front yard cut, NO hedges, nothing...

I jsut said 25.00, and she said ok can you start now, and boom, it takes me about 15 minutes.....

I really didn't want to be bothered at the time and I bidded high...

It's a mad world...

She now is a weekly customer

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Majority of my yards are 5,000 to 8,000 sq ft. Middle class type people so they just want it to look nice and neat. I charge an average of $30 but I have some as low as $20...those are really small and are next door to other properties I do.

7. JW1

JW1 LawnSite Member

Thank you everyone. This gives me some benchmarks to go by. Appreciate it. Jim

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The bottom line is make it all look neat cut trim edge blow charge as much as you think they will pay.

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

just average our accounts...came out to be $45.71 per cut. That includes residential and commercial...ranging from 48k s.f. mowable down to around 1000

10. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

just average our accounts...came out to be $45.71 per cut. That includes residential and commercial...ranging from 48k s.f. mowable down to around 1000